Without my hair, my eyebrows, my breasts, my beauty, I felt exposed in a way I’d never felt before – completely vulnerable, like a shaved deer in the headlights.
There were definitely some moments when having no hair or eye brows and not giving a fuck about what other people thought was freeing and even powerful. I’m struggling with accepting my new look post cancer. The steroids have done a number to my body and the post-chemo curl is a very hard to control hair style. I shouldn’t expect to suddenly look like I did before I was diagnosed, but I’m no longer “sick” and I really wish I could magically look better too. I know I have no reason to complain. I am in remission and I should be thankful everyday, but sometimes I really want to just shave my head and give the world the finger.
We have been genetically modifying the food we eat for tens of thousands of years.
Be careful with labels. They work.
Seriously, why didn't you tell me Man of Steel was this bad? [SPOILER ALERT]
- Kal El and General Zod take time out of their busy, titanic, city destroying fight to spell out what's happening.
- Gen. Zod: There is only one way this ends, Kal. Either you die or I do.*
- Gen. Zod: Alright, two. There are only two ways this ends. Either you die or I do.
- Gen Zod: Or I could see a truce, honestly.
- Gen Zod: Ok, among our options are such diverse endings as...
- * Actual line from theatrical release, followed by lines that were clearly cut by the folks down in legal
No one knows the greatest stuff in art and design, fashion and food, gadgets and tech, or TV and literature better than the Tumblr community. Join us in creating the world’s largest gift guide!
Starting on Cyber Monday, post your favorite things and tag them #tumblrgiftguide. We’ll reblog our favorites onto this special Tumblr — follow for fantastic ideas to give and get this December. Happy Holidays!
Today – for the first time in the City’s history – the budget for an upcoming fiscal year already has been balanced for an incoming mayor, before he steps into office. This historic accomplishment is the result of New York’s continued economic growth, our Administration’s fiscal discipline and the significant savings we have achieved in recent months. And let me add that we have reached a balanced budget without proposing any tax increases or cutting essential services.
i am going to really miss this guy. he is the best